You would be guided to develop a personal development profile of yourself and taught how to continuously update your development plan without it feeling burdensome.
Accredited 6-hour (one day) first aid on either emergency paediatric first aid or emergency first aid at work.
The TQUK Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF) prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts. This qualification can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
The qualification is suitable for individuals who:
· individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
· individuals who are currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
· individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification
The TQUK Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF) replaces the Level 4 Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS). Enrol now
Learning Objectives & Assessment
The course is made up of five mandatory core Units (21 Credits).
· Unit One - Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
· Unit Two - Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
· Unit Three - Delivering education and training
· Unit Four - Assessing learners in education and training
· Unit Five - Using resources for education and training
Learners must achieve a minimum of 36 credits from two Unit groups to be awarded the TQUK Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF). Learners must achieve a minimum of 21 credits at Level 4 or above. There is a requirement for a minimum of 30 hours of practice.
The course is also made up of optional units (15 Credits). These include:
· Preparing for the coaching role (3)
· Preparing for the mentoring role (3)
· Preparing for the personal tutoring role (3)
· Assess occupational competence in the work environment (6)
· Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding (6)
· Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment (6)
· Internally assure the quality of assessment (6)
The qualification is assessed through a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates the learner has met the required assessment criteria. All learners are expected to prove both their theoretical and practical knowledge within their portfolio of evidence and three (3) hours of observed learning.
Learners must be at least 19 years of age at certification There are no specific entry requirements and learners do not need to have to be in a paid teaching role to achieve the qualification.
There is no requirement for learners to complete the Level 3 Award in Education and Training prior to commencing this qualification.
However, if a learner has achieved the Level 3 unit: “Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training”, they will be not have to take this unit as part of the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
Evidence must be produced by the learner in the form of a recognised certificate to prove his/her achievement.